Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Sing HO for the life of the Gays


Thankfully my mom reminded me that the Golden Globes were on last night just in time for me to see them honoring the gays.

Best Original Song in a Motion Picture: "A Love That Will Never Grow Old",
Brokeback Mountain
Best Screenplay Motion Picture: Brokeback Mountain
Best Director Motion Picture: Ang Lee, Brokeback Mountain
Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama: Felicity Huffman,
Transamerica
Best Motion Picture- Drama: Brokeback Mountain

Oh man! Look at all the beautiful gayness (I understand that I am lumping here an oversimplifying the idea of Transexuality by including Transamerica in here, but you understand where I am coming from).

I have not seen Transamerica yet, but I am planning on going soon.

I have seen Brokeback Mountain, and let me tell you, if you have yet to see it you need to go. If you need a buddy just gimme a call because I am planning on seeing it a second time. It is such a beautiful movie and it delivers such a clear point about how our societies inability to accept homosexuality damages peoples lives and keeps them from true and simple happiness (even the lives of those who are not homosexual). I also think that the story is such that you cannot argue against this point- which is something that I have never encountered before in a movie trying to deliver this message.

Even my mommy wants to see Brokeback, and we talk about it all the time!

Other happy gay mommy things: Yesterday she was telling me she saw Ebert and Roeper doing a worst movies review and D.E.B.S was one of their "don't even see it movies". I replied by telling her that it is a "Lesbian Spy Spoof" (I don't think I ever described it to her as such before) and that you probably have to be a gay woman to really enjoy it (I have told her in the past about how much I love the movie and went as a D.E.B. for Halloween). And the awesome thing is that she seemed to have no problem with my comment and just laughed and said, "well I guess so cause they sure didn't like it".

Yay, happiness

Seriously, go see Brokeback!

No comments: