Friday, October 14, 2005

Idle no more...

I think someone at the office must have found my blog. Ever since I posted that I had time to update in the office they have been giving me non-stop projects. But it is good, I am a true American- I live to work. Even though the tasks are mundane, having a reason to get up in the morning and a way to be productive is really good for my mental health. I actually enjoy coming here everyday.

Last night at India Quality my friend Bekka said that people really just need structure to their day, and I totally agree. It made me think about unemployment, I guess I have always focused on the psychological stress of not having money, not being able to provide for yourself and/or your family. But there is also the psychological pain of not having structure to your day, not having some place you are expected to be, some way that you are expected to be productive. It makes you think with the unusually high unemployment rates in our country, how come more psychologically tormented people aren't using their pain as a catalyst to rise up against our incompetent leader who not only hasn't been helping find solutions to the problem but is clearly a huge part of the problem! (wow that sentence was a terrible run-on wasn't it?)

I should stop now...

No comments: